Triton Awards Contract to Bluewater

HOOFDDORP, Netherlands--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 22, 2001-- Amerada Hess (NYSE:AHC - news), through its Triton Equatorial Guinea Inc., business unit, has awarded Bluewater Energy Services B.V., Hoofddorp, the contract to provide a crude oil offloading system (COS) for the continued development of the Ceiba Field. The Ceiba Field is located on Block G in the Rio Muni basin offshore Equatorial Guinea. Bluewater will design, supply and install a Bluewater turret CALM buoy, a 1 mile subsea pipeline linking the CALM buoy in about 67 meters of water to the Sendje Ceiba FPSO at a depth of 88 meters, and the subsea flexible hoses connecting the FPSO and buoy to each end of the pipeline. Work on the Ceiba COS project will commence this month, and installation is scheduled to be completed during the third quarter of 2002. The Bluewater COS will accommodate export tankers up to 350,000 dwt. Amerada Hess expects to have 13 producing wells and 3 water-injection wells ready for hookup when the Sendje Ceiba FPSO arrives on site in January. In addition, the company plans to drill additional wells and integrate them into the new Ceiba development scheme during 2002. Amerada Hess holds an 85% working interest in Block G and adjacent Block F, which together encompass about 1 million acres. Energy Africa Ltd., South Africa, has the remaining 15% working interest in the acreage. The government of Equatorial Guinea has a carried 5% participating interest in Ceiba Field production.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

Brent Crude Oil : $50.47/BBL 0.98%
Light Crude Oil : $49.72/BBL 1.09%
Natural Gas : $2.76/MMBtu 1.09%
Updated in last 24 hours