Dana Acquires Exploration Rights Offshore Morocco

Dana Petroleum has acquired the rights of Global Resource Holdings, LLLP in respect of a 35% interest in a Reconnaissance Contract covering the NW Safi area offshore the Atlantic coast of Morocco. The contract covers a large area spanning 6,645 square kilometers with water depths ranging from 300 to 3,000 meters. The remaining 65% interest in the Reconnaissance Contract, originally awarded in April 2004, is held by the operator, Norsk Hydro.

Tom Cross, Dana's Chief Executive, commented:

'This new venture builds on Dana's strong exploration position offshore West Africa where we already hold important interests across Mauritania and Senegal. Being relatively under explored, offshore Morocco offers significant potential which Dana is looking forward to pursuing in partnership with Norsk Hydro and ONHYM, the Moroccan national oil company.'

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Business Development Director - Midstream Services
Expertise: Business Development|Operations Management
Location: Houston, TX
 
Project Manager, Oil and Gas
Expertise: Budget / Cost Control|Planner / Scheduler|Project Management
Location: Harvey, LA
 
Case Specialist II Job
Expertise: Business Analyst|Legal|Regulatory Compliance
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.45/BBL 0.99%
Light Crude Oil : $52.37/BBL 1.20%
Natural Gas : $3.42/MMBtu 0.88%
Updated in last 24 hours