Arnis Judzis, executive vice president for TerraTek, has been elected chairman of the 2006 Offshore Technology Conference (OTC). His appointment was announced at this year's event held 2-5 May at Reliant Center at Reliant Park in Houston.
"It's extremely exciting to be elected chairman after serving on the board for more than three years and seeing OTC grow each year," said Judzis. "Most of this group of board members have been working together for more than five years, and have the experience and knowledge to continue to enhance all aspects of the OTC program. The board members work together with more than 300 volunteers to make OTC a successful event each year and to ensure it remains the premier event in the offshore oil and gas industry."
Members of the OTC board include:
- Frank Adamek, Vetco Gray, representing ASME International Petroleum Technology Institute
- Rod Allan, Transocean Inc., representing the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Jack Caldwell, Acous-Tech Seismics, representing the Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Susan Cunningham, Noble Energy, representing the American Association of Petroleum Geologists
- Rick Hill, EWImicroalloying, representing The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
- John Irwin, Atwood Oceanics Inc., representing the International Association of Drilling Contractors
- Tony Jones, oceanUS Consulting, representing the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration Inc.
- Arnis Judzis, TerraTek, representing the American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Peter Kinnear, FMC Technologies, representing the Petroleum Equipment Suppliers Association
- Alain Labastie, Total, representing the Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Bill Luyties, Shell E&P, representing the American Society of Civil Engineers
- Doug Stroud, Canyon Offshore Inc., representing the Marine Technology Society
- Don Vardeman (vice chairman), Kerr-McGee Corp., representing the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers-Oceanic Engineering Society
Members of the OTC Board are appointed for up to two four-year terms by their respective society or organization. The OTC Board includes 13 representatives, 11 from OTC's sponsoring organizations and two from OTC's endorsing organizations. The chairman and the vice chairman serve two-year terms.
OTC.06, "New Depths. New Horizons," is scheduled 1-4 May at Reliant Center at Reliant Park.