TGS-NOPEC Commences Acquisition of Multi-Client CSEM Survey
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company in collaboration with Aberdeen-based OHM has started a Multi-Client Controlled Source ElectroMagnetic (CSEM) survey in the Norwegian Barents Sea.
The survey is designed and based on TGS-NOPEC's multi-client 2D and 3D-seismic database in the area, and is the first one conducted under a "project by project" collaboration agreement between the two companies.
The CSEM method is used under given circumstances to identify highly resistive bodies like hydrocarbon bearing reservoirs in the subsurface, potentially helping to reduce exploration risk for oil and gas companies.
Final processed data and analysis are expected to be available in the summer of 2005.
The survey is supported by industry pre-funding.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Offshore Hydrocarbon Mapping more info
- OHM Scores CSEM Contracts in India (Mar 29)
- OHM Provides Preliminary Results for Half Year Ended (Mar 02)
- OHM Points to 'Lumpy' Market for Downturn (Jan 24)