Subsea 7 Wins Work at Snohvit Field
Subsea 7 has valued at approximately NOK 41.5 million from Technip Offshore Norge A/S for work associated with the Snøhvit field, which lies in water depths of approximately 350 meters in the Barents Sea.
The scope of work awarded to Subsea 7 includes provision of a vessel to install parts of an 8" carbon rigid CO2 pipeline totaling approximately 121 km in length. Work will begin in the 2nd quarter of this year.
The Snøhvit is located about 140 km northwest of Hammerfest, Norway, and comprises the Askeladd and Albatross finds as well as the main discovery. The development solution is based on subsea installations tied back to Melkøya outside Hammerfest by a pipeline for gas and condensate. The gas will then be processed on land and transported to the market in liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers.
Robin Davies, North Sea Vice President for Subsea 7 commented, 'This award contributes to a highly successful orderbook for the Skandi Navica in 2005 and underlines the continuing importance of the North Sea to Subsea 7'.
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)