Saipem Wins Nigerian Offshore Construction Contract
Saipem has been awarded the lump sum turnkey contract for the UFR (Umbilicals, Flowlines and Risers) activities in the frame of the development of the Akpo field, located in Nigeria the Oil Mining Lease (OML 130), some 200 kilometres South of Port Harcourt, in approximately 1,350 meters water depth.
The contract, awarded by Total Upstream Nigeria, has a total value of approximately US $850 million.
The project consists of the engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning of the Umbilicals, Flowlines, Risers, the oil loading terminal, the FPSO mooring system, and the Gas export Pipeline from the Akpo FPSO to the Amenam AMP2 platform.
The offshore activities will be carried out by the vessels Saibos FDS, between mid 2007 and mid 2008, and Saipem 3000 in the first half 2008.
Around 1.5 million manhours will be provided by Nigerian companies, and the onshore fabrication scope will be performed mainly in the Saipem yard in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)