Origin Energy Completes Third Halladale Well
Origin Energy reports that the Halladale-1 DW-3 well has reached a total depth of 1969m MDRT (measured depth below the rotary table). Halladale-1 DW-3 encountered water-bearing sandstones in the Waarre Formation as expected. Following the acquisition of wireline pressure data, the well is in the process of being plugged and abandoned as planned.
The well is located in offshore exploration permit VIC/P37(v) approximately 4 km from shore and 24 km west of the coastal township of Port Campbell.
Halladale-1 DW-3 is the third well drilled from this location. The well has been sidetracked from the Halladale-1 DW-2 well bore and has been drilled to further delineate the down-flank extent of the Halladale gas accumulation discovered by the Halladale-1 DW-2 exploration well.
Results of Halladale-1 DW-3 are in line with expectation based on the results of Halladale-1 DW-2 and the position of Halladale-1 DW-3 on the Halladale prospect.
The wells are being drilled using the Ocean Patriot semisub, with drilling operations managed by Woodside Energy Ltd under an agreement with Origin Energy.
Participants in Halladale-1 DW-3 are Origin Energy as operator with 37.5% and Woodside with 62.5%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)