Harriet JV Says Plato-2 a Duster
The Plato-2 well, located in Permit TL/6 offshore Australia, was drilled to total depth of 2,700 meters. No commercial hydrocarbons were encountered within the objective Flag Sandstone reservoir, and the well will now be plugged and abandoned.
Plato-2 is the fourth well in the current Flag Sandstone drilling program. The first well Albert-1 was successful in encountering oil and is currently on production. The next two wells, Romulus-1 and Remus-1 intersected oil in a thin sand on top of the Flag Sandstone. Tap interprets this sand may be part of a stratigraphically trapped pool of oil which could provide a drilling target later in the drill program.
A further 20 wells are currently planned for this year in the Harriet Joint Venture program with the aim to increase oil production and reserves. Following abandonment of Plato-2, the rig will commence drilling Harriet-A11 appraisal/development well which is targeting an interpreted undrained pool within the Harriet oil field area.
ROSE-4 DEVELOPMENT WELL
The Rose-4 well is located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit, TL/1, and is being drilled as a directional well from the Linda production platform. The objective lies approximately 5.6 kilometers southeast of the platform.
The well has drilled to a deviated depth of 3,937 meters and will continue to drill ahead to the planned total deviated depth of 6,267 meters. It is anticipated that the well will take a further 11 days to reach total depth.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec with 19.2771% and Tap with 12.2229%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)