Harriet JV Strikes Oil with Remus-1 Well
Tap Oil reports that the Remus-1 well located in the Harriet Joint Venture Permit, TL/6, has reached the planned total depth of 2,823 meters. A thin sand reservoir containing oil was encountered at the top of the Double Island sandstone interval. No oil water contact was intersected with oil lying directly on a base seal.
The Remus-1 exploration well is a deviated well, designed to test a four-way dip closed mound within the Double Island sandstone on trend with the previously drilled Romulus-1 exploration well approximately 1 kms to the north. Although the oil filled sandstone reservoir intersected in Remus-1 is thin, a similar thin oil filled sandstone reservoir was also intersected in Romulus-1 which Tap interprets is on the same stratigraphic trend and could be connected.
It is now planned to complete Remus-1 for immediate oil production through the South Plato production platform. This is a good example of the ability to quickly commercialize small oil pools in the vicinity of the String of Pearls production facilities.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec with 19.2771% and Tap Oil with 12.2229%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)