Petronas-Shell JV Makes 4th Discovery Offshore Malaysia
CS Mutiara Petroleum Sdn Bhd, a 50:50 joint venture company between Petronas Carigali Sdn Bhd and Shell Exploration and Production Malaysia B.V., has made another gas discovery in Block PM301, off the northeast coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
Drilling operations on Bumi South-1 well commenced on February 25, 2005. The exploration well, located in a water depth of 55 meters was drilled to a total depth of 1650 meters and encountered multiple gas zones. Further technical evaluation is required to determine the reserves.
Bumi South-1 is the fourth discovery in Block PM301, following the recent exploration successes of Bunga Kamelia, Bunga Zetung and Bunga Anggerik. The latest discovery is located about 25 kilometers northwest of the Bunga Anggerik gas field discovered in November 2004.
CS Mutiara Petroleum is currently embarking on technical studies to assess the development options of this cluster of gas discoveries and also has plans to continue with exploration and appraisal activities in the same block.
CS Mutiara Petroleum was formed in July 2001 and operates Blocks PM301 and PM302, both located off the northeast coast of Peninsular Malaysia.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 9 Offshore Rigs
- Exec: Petronas' Canadian Unit To Look At Other LNG Opportunities (Oct 11)
- Adviser: Malaysia's Petronas Puts Some Canadian Assets Up For Sale (Oct 04)
- Petronas Chem Sells Half Of Polymers Business To Saudi Aramco For $900MM (Oct 02)