Antrim to Acquire Stake in UK Block 21/15a from Nexen
Antrim has executed a Heads of Agreement to farm-in to UK North Sea Block 21/15a, owned and operated by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited. Antrim will earn a 25.00% working interest in the Block by participating in a well to be drilled by Nexen Petroleum U.K. Limited in 2005 or early 2006. Final completion of the transaction, which is subject to the execution of a Farm-in Agreement and Joint Operating Agreement and normal regulatory approval, is expected to be completed by May 31.
The well will be drilled to a planned depth of approximately 3660 meters to test the Jurassic Fulmar sandstone Bennachie Prospect. The Bennachie Prospect was identified by the 21/15a-2 well, which flowed 40 degrees API gravity oil at a rate of 4363 bbl/d on a 44/64" choke.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Alberta Regulators Charge Nexen Energy Over 2015 Pipeline Spill (Jul 06)
- Cenovus Drops Most Ever as $13.3 Billion Deal Ramps Up Risks (Mar 30)
- UKCS Oil, Gas Extraction Drops 10% (Dec 08)
Company: Antrim Energy more info
- Enegi Mulls Newfoundland Divestment, Increased Stake in ABT (Aug 29)
- Antrim Energy Considering Selling Stake in Causeway Field (Nov 15)
- Production Resumes at Causeway, Cormorant East Fields (Oct 25)