Saipem Wins Two Drilling Contracts Valued at $190 Mln
Saipem has been awarded two offshore drilling contracts for the charter of the drillship Saipem 10000 and for the semisubmersible Scarabeo 4 for a combined value of approximately US $190 million.
The contract for the charter of the drillship Saipem 10000 has been awarded by Total Exploration and Production Angola, Operator of offshore Angola Block 17, and will commence the third quarter 2005. Drilling activities will take place in the ROSA field, 200 kilometers offshore Angola, at water depths of up to 1,700 meters. The contract will last two years, and Total has the option to extend it for a further two years.
The second contract has been awarded by IEOC (International Egyptian Oil Company) for the charter of the semisubmersible Scarabeo 4 to drill four wells off Egypt for approximately 8 months, with commence date of June 2005. IEOC has the option to extend it for a further 2 wells.
Sociedade Nacional de Combustiveis de Angola (Sonangol) is the Block 17 Concessionaire. Total's co-venturers in the Block are Esso Exploration Angola (Block 17) Ltd., BP Exploration (Angola) Ltd. , Statoil Angola Block 17 AS and Norsk Hydro.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)