Tap Oil to Participate in Jacala-1 Well
Tap Oil has entered into a conditional farm-in agreement with BHP Billiton Petroleum to drill the Jacala-1 exploration well located in WA-351-P in the offshore Carnarvon Basin. This agreement is subject to finalization of formal documentation.
Under the agreement, the Company will participate in the drilling of the Jacala-1 exploration well and earn a 25% equity by contributing to the cost of the well inclusive of a farm-in promote amount.
The well is expected to be drilled in the 3rd quarter of 2005 with a drilling slot scheduled on the Atwood Eagle semisub.
Jacala-1 is located in around 400 meters of water and is targeting a very large structure interpreted on seismic in Barrow aged Sandstones at an approximate depth of 2,200 meters sub sea. If successful, the structure has the potential to contain a very large oil accumulation with the risks interpreted as being reservoir quality and oil charge. Seismic data does not indicate the presence of gas.
WA-351-P Joint Venture participants are Tap Oil Limited (earning) 25% and BHP Billiton Petroleum Limited (operator) 75%
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Atwood Oceanics more info
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Atwood Oceanics Offshore Employees in Australia Agree to New EBA (Aug 23)
- Transocean, Atwood Oceanics Lay Off 200 Offshore Workers in Texas (Feb 06)