Origin Energy Spuds Halladale-1 Well Offshore Australia
Origin Energy reports that the exploration well Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) spudded on March 22, 2005. The well is located in offshore exploration permit VIC/P37(v) approximately 4 km from shore and 24 km west of the coastal township of Port Campbell.
Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) is the first well in a two-well program designed to target two prospects at the Late Cretaceous Waarre Formation level in VIC/P37(v) called Black Watch and Halladale. The two gas exploration wells will utilize the same top hole section and be directionally steered toward their targets. Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) will target the southern prospect first (Black Watch), while the second well, Halladale-1 DW-2, will target the northern prospect (Halladale). On a trouble-free basis, Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) will take approximately two weeks to reach the primary objective.
The two wells are being drilled using Diamond Offshore's semisub, Ocean Patriot, with drilling operations managed by Woodside Energy Ltd under an agreement with Origin Energy.
The planned total depth of Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) is 1844 mTVDSS.
Participants in Halladale-1 DW-1 (Location Black Watch) are Origin Energy as operator with 37.5% and Woodside Energy with 62.5%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Origin Energy more info
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)