The Harriet Joint Venture Spuds Jane-1 Offshore Australia
Tap Oil reports that the Jane-1 exploration well spudded on March 21, 2005. The well is located in TL/6, and will be drilled from the Agincourt Platform. The bottom hole objective location to intersect the Jane prospect lies approximately 3.4 kilometers north from the Agincourt Platform.
The Jane-1 exploration well is a deviated well, designed to test a structural closure on the upthrown side of the Parakeelya Fault. The well is expected to take 5 days to reach total depth. If successful, a horizontal development well will be immediately completed in the reservoir and given that it has been drilled from an existing platform, with first oil expected within two to three weeks.
The Jane-1 well is the second well to be drilled in an intensive drilling campaign of some 20 exploration, appraisal and development wells in the Harriet Joint Venture during 2005.
TL/6 Joint Venture Participants are Apache as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec with 19.2771% and Tap Oil with the remaining 12.2229%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)