Norsk Hydro Says 31/4-12 Wildcat Well a Duster
Norsk Hydro has completed drilling wildcat well 31/4-12. The well was drilled northeast of the Brage field in 207 meters of water. The drilling activity was carried out using Odfjell's semisub, Deepsea Trym. The well did not prove hydrocarbons.
The main purpose of the well was to test a prospect in sandstones from the Late Jurassic Age. The drilling activity was completed in underlying rocks belonging to the Fensfjord formation, at a total depth of 2200 meters. The well was permanently plugged and abandoned.
Norsk Hydro is the operator of production license 055 in block 31/4.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Odfjell more info
Manages 20 Offshore Rigs
- Odfjell Secures New Well Services Contracts (Sep 10)
- Odfjell Offshore Raising up to $500M to Develop Fleet (Mar 12)
- Odfjell Lands Record Breaking Deal with BP (Jan 11)