National Oilwell & Varco Merger Approved
National-Oilwell, Inc. (NYSE: NOI) and Varco International, Inc. (NYSE: VRC) jointly announced today that the merger of the two companies was approved today by stockholders of each company by substantial margins. In addition, stockholders of National Oilwell also approved the National Oilwell Varco Long-Term Incentive Plan. All conditions to the merger have been satisfied. A certificate of merger has been filed in the State of Delaware, which provides that the merger will become effective at 3 p.m., central time, today. Effective Monday, March 14, National Oilwell Varco's common stock will trade under the symbol NOV on the New York Stock Exchange.
National Oilwell Varco is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and sale of equipment and components used in oil and gas drilling and production, the provision of oilfield inspection and other services, and supply chain integration services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
- National Oilwell to Acquire Robbins & Myers for $2.5B (Aug 09)
- StatoilHydro Signs Drilling Service Deals Worth $483MM with 8 Companies (Oct 08)
- Union Drilling to Buy Six Drilling Rigs from National-Oilwell, L.P. (Dec 13)
Company: Varco International more info
- National Oilwell Varco Announces Norwegian Antitrust Approval of Merger (Nov 16)
- National Oilwell & Varco Merger Approved (Mar 11)
- National Oilwell & Varco Expect Close Merger on March 11th (Mar 07)