Harriet Joint Venture Makes Discovery with Albert-1 Well
The Albert-1 well located in TL/6 is being drilled as a deviated well from the existing Victoria production platform located offshore Australia. The well has drilled to its total depth and preliminary logs indicate a 13 meter gross hydrocarbon column with a net reservoir interval of approximately 7 meters.
The Albert-1 exploration well has been drilled from the existing Victoria platform as a deviated well into the Albert prospect within the Flag Sandstone. The net oil column of around 7 meters indicates a small oil pool and will be completed for immediate production into the Varanus Island production facilities.
Albert-1 was the first well to be drilled on the reprocessed 3D seismic data and is an encouraging indication of the potential for this technique to indicate the presence of hydrocarbons.
The Harriet Joint Venture has a further 19 wells planned for 2005 with three rigs available in the area. On completing Albert-1 for production, the Ensco-106 rig will mobilize to the Agincourt platform to drill the Jane prospect as a deviated well such that in the success case, that well can also be immediately completed for production into the Varanus Island production facilities.
Although the Jane prospect lies within the area of the latest 3D seismic processing, the lack of proximate well control data will limit its effectiveness at this location. Notwithstanding this it is a well defined structure trapped against a prominent bounding fault 3kms to the North of the Agincourt oil field. The prospect is potentially much larger than Albert and hence is an early drilling candidate.
TL/6 Joint Venture participants are Apache as operator with 68.%; Tap Oil with 12.22% and Kufpec with 19.28%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: ENSCO International Incorporated more info
Manages 64 Offshore Rigs
- Ensco Acquires Atwood Oceanics, Lays Off Staff (Oct 10)
- Lamprell to Compensate Ensco for Delay in Delivery of ENSCO 140 (Aug 29)
- Lamprell Delays Delivery of Jackup to Mid-August Due to Technical Issue (Jul 27)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)