Kongsberg Wins Statoil Process Control Contract
Statoil has awarded Kongsberg Maritime a contract worth approx. US$ 11.2 million for the upgrading of process control systems for oil and gas production on Statfjord A, B and C. The delivery will also comprise a sophisticated process simulator.
The upgrading of the control systems for process control, data acquisition (PCDA) and process shutdown (PCDA and PSD) consists of a complete replacement of all system components, and will take place while the control system is in operation. The changeover to the upgraded systems will be carried out during a week's revision stop for each of the three platforms during 2006.
The process-simulator will be used for process studies, verification of the upgrading process of PCDA systems and optimization. The Kongsberg Maritime upgrades to the Statfjord platforms will make them well equipped to meet future challenges in the late-phase project, which includes a complex crossover from oil to gas production.
The Statfjord contract is a result of a long-term co-operation between Statoil and Kongsberg Maritime. The contract also includes management, maintenance and modifications on Statoil's installations at Heidrun, Norne, Åsgard A and B and the Kristin field.
"The Norwegian oil and gas market, with its development projects and
upgrading is vital to Kongsberg Maritime," says Tor Erik Sørensen,
Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing, Kongsberg Maritime. "We have
a frame contract for maintenance and operation for new projects with
Statoil and the Statfjord agreement joins several similar contracts for
other Statoil installations."
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)