Aker Kvaerner Wins Contract from Unocal Thailand
Unocal Thailand has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract for the supply of surface wellhead equipment and associated services to be used within its Gulf of Thailand operations. The assignment will run over two years, with an option for further two years. Should the two year option be exercised then the value of the contract is estimated to be in excess of US $35 million.
Aker Kvaerner's subsea and wellhead business unit Kvaerner Oilfield products (KOP) will deliver the equipment from its manufacturing plant located on Batam Island in Indonesia. The project will entail supplying somewhere between 850 to 1000 sets of surface wellheads and Christmas trees over the contract period. KOP will provide associated installation and maintenance services from its service support centers in Songkhla and Bangkok in Thailand.
Unocal Thailand and Kvaerner Oilfield Products have successfully conducted surface wellhead business in the Gulf of Thailand and surrounding region since the early 1980's.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: UNOCAL more info
- Brenham Inks PSC Agreement for Equatorial Guinea Block (Dec 20)
- PetroChina Is Set to Go It Alone (May 26)
- KBR Scores Major FEED Contract for Chirag Oil Project in Caspian Sea (Mar 23)