KS Tech Provides Rig Solution to Gulf Drilling
KS Tech has been awarded the contract for procurement and project management of the conversion of a late 70's jack up production unit to a mobile offshore drilling unit by Gulf Drilling International. For this the Company will be paid a management fee. The Company will also provide components and services to support the upgrade and subsequent operations of this rig.
The size of the total project is estimated to be around US$43 million. The conversion work is expected to be completed by end 2005. The rig will then be deployed in the Persian Gulf for a drilling campaign for a Major Operator. This rig conversion project is KS Tech's fourth such rig related projects in the last 15 months.
Mr. Chew Thiam Keng, the Managing Director of KS Tech commented, "We are privileged to be working with GDI on this rig conversion project. Given the long lead time and high capital cost of building new rigs, the refurbishment of vintage rigs is a practical solution for our customers."
GDI is a 60:40 joint venture established in May 2004 by Qatar Petroleum and Japan
Drilling Company. The Doha-based JV is acquiring used and newbuild rigs to meet
the escalating demands for drilling rigs in the region.
- KS Energy Secures Contract for Jackup (Jun 28)
- MIS Launches Offshore Jackup KS Endeavour (Jan 07)
- KS Energy's 3Q Earnings Rise 7% (Nov 13)
Company: Gulf Drilling International more info
- Keppel FELS Delivers Newbuild Jackup Halul to Gulf Drilling International (Jan 26)
- Keppel O&M Posts 4Q 2015 Net Loss of $42.5M, Updates on Brazil Contracts (Jan 22)
- Gulf International Drilling's Contracts Hit by Low Oil Prices (Apr 13)