Nabors Worker Dies Following Accident at Suncor Energy Well
Suncor Energy Inc. and Nabors Drilling regretfully report that Nabors employee Bryan Gaudet, 31, died Saturday, February 26, 2005 following injuries sustained while working on a well site in northeastern British Columbia.
The accident occurred at approximately 6:30 p.m. about 10 km south of Tumbler Ridge, where Nabors was drilling a natural gas well for Suncor. Mr. Gaudet and other Nabors crew members were working on the site when a piece of equipment struck Mr. Gaudet. He was transported by on-site medical services to Tumbler Ridge Health Centre and died a short time later at the center.
Suncor and Nabors Drilling are cooperating with all authorities and an investigation into the cause of the accident is under way. Both companies extend their sympathy to Mr. Gaudet's family and friends.
The well was not operational at the time of the accident. Operations
remain suspended pending the investigation.
- Suncor Says Makes Progress In Oil Sands Project Dispute With Total (Oct 26)
- Canadian Oil's High-Priced Run Set to End as Supply Surges (Oct 11)
- Suncor, Total Argue Over Cost Of Fort Hills Project (Jul 27)
Company: Nabors Industries more info
- Contract Driller Nabors Expects Current-Quarter Results To Fall (Aug 04)
- Nabors Profit Takes Hit on Tough N. American Market (Jul 23)
- Cultural, Strategic Changes Brighten Outlook for Nabors (May 24)