Corybas 1 Drilling Ahead
Origin Energy Limited says good gas shows were encountered over the core 3 interval in sands described from preliminary investigation of the core as having poor to good visible porosity. This zone and remaining intervals in the well will be evaluated by wireline log and pressure information after the well has been drilled to total depth, after which decisions on further testing or evaluation will be made.
The significance of the shows in the High Cliff Sandstone and of other sands both tested and untested in the Irwin River Coal Measures will become more apparent following this ongoing evaluation. Whilst results to date are encouraging, at this time it is not possible to form a view on the reserves potential of the Corybas region.
Participants in L1 and L2 (excluding the Dongara, Mondarra and Yardarino fields) and Corybas 1 are ARC Energy as operator with 50% and Origin Energy with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)