Roc Oil Begins Two Well Program at Cliff Head
Roc Oil reports that the Cliff Head-5, the first well of a two well appraisal/development drilling program, commenced drilling at the Cliff Head Oil Field on February 18, 2005. The Ensco 56 jackup is drilling the well. It is expected to take approximately 7 days to read total depth. The rig will then move to drill the development well Cliff Head-6.
CH-5 is a vertical "pathfinder" well located about 1 km southeast of the CH-1 discovery well. Regardless of drilling results, CH-5 will be plugged and abandoned because its primary purpose is to determine the nature and extent of the reservoir in the East Ridge portion of the Cliff Head structure so as to better define the location of a horizontal development well which, subject to a Final Investment Decision by the Joint Venture, will be drilled from the future production platform to access the oil in the East Ridge.
The WA-286-P Joint Venture is comprised of Roc Oil as operator with 37.%; AWE with 27.5%; Wandoo Petroleum with 24%; Voyager with 6%; CIECO Exploration with 5%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)
Company: Australian Worldwide Exploration (AWE) more info
- Waitsia Gas Project Exceeds Pre-Production Expectations (Dec 22)
- Waitsia JV Approves 2017 Development Activities Budget (Dec 09)
- AWE Commences Gas Sales from Stage 1 of Waitsia Gas Project in Perth Basin (Aug 29)
Company: Voyager Energy Limited more info
- Voyager Adds Member to BOD (Nov 18)
- Niko Completes Acquisition of Voyager Energy (Mar 26)
- Niko Enters into Acquisition of Voyager Energy (Feb 08)