Corybas 1 Gas Well Drilling Ahead
ARC Energy Limited reports that the gas exploration and appraisal well Corybas 1, was preparing to drill ahead following Drill Stem Test 2. The well has been drilled from 2459m to 2501 meters and core 2 cut over the interval 2501 to 2537 meters with 41% recovery.
DST 2 was conducted over the interval 2410 to 2537 meters and resulted in a gas flow of approximately 3.7 mmcfd through a 1/2-inch choke with 610 psia surface pressure.
The well will now be deepened to evaluate other potentially gas bearing zones within the Irwin River Coal Measures and High Cliff Sandstone.
Participants in the L1 and L2 (excluding the Dongara, Mondarra and Yardarino fields) and Corybas 1 are ARC Energy as operator with 50% and Origin Energy with the remaining 50%.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)