Intermoor Participates in Mooring Record Offshore Malaysia
InterMoor Inc., an Acteon company, participated in setting a world record for a conventional mooring system in the offshore Sabah, East Malaysia, Todak-1 exploration well, InterMoor Vice President, Operations Larry Puckett announced.
The deepest leg of the 8-leg conventional mooring system reached 7,086 feet (2,160 m); five legs extended to water depths greater than 6,300 feet (1,920 m). InterMoor was working for Murphy Sabah Oil Company to moor Diamond Offshore's Ocean Rover semisubmersible. InterMoor provided engineering, planning and on-site consultation support, as well as writing the mooring deployment procedures. Water depth at the wellhead measures 5,890 feet (1,795 m).
Each mooring leg, deployed using the anchor handling vessels Maersk Beater and Maersk Supporter, consisted of a 10-metric ton Stevpris anchor with the rig's self-contained wire and chain.
An industry leader in innovative mooring technology, InterMoor delivers integrated mooring systems for the offshore oil and gas industry in the Gulf of Mexico, Canada, Caspian Sea, Brazil, Asia Pacific and West Africa regions.
Acteon is a group of specialist engineering companies serving the global oil
and gas industry and was formerly known as UWG Group. InterMoor evolved
from Acteon's asset acquisition of Technip Offshore Moorings, Inc.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Diamond Offshore more info
Manages 19 Offshore Rigs
- Diamond Offshore's Profit Beats Estimates On Lower Costs (May 01)
- Offshore Drillers Still Seeking Recovery Enjoyed by Shale (Feb 07)
- Diamond Offshore Sees Recovery when Oil "Well Over $60" (Feb 06)
Company: InterMoor more info
- Sea Trucks to Provide Floatel Services for Malikai Project Off Malaysia (Jun 22)
- InterMoor Completes Mooring Work for COOEC at China's Panyu, Enping Fields (Oct 23)
- Acteon's InterMoor Expands in Asia Pacific, Opens New Singapore Office (Apr 25)