Naftex Says Production Stabilized at Coral Field Well
Naftex reports its subsidiary, Coplex Petroleo do Brasil Limitada, and Petrobras, the operator of the Coral field has finalized the scheduled workovers of two of the production wells on the Coral Field (including well 3D) in December and January 2005. The production from well 3D which, in the past, has produced less than originally expected, has now been stable for more than a month. It thus seems that the problems associated with the cleaning up of the well may have been solved.
The production at the Coral Field in December 2004 and January 2005 has been 7,600 and 8,200 barrels per day respectively. This was lower than expected due to down-time in connection with the workovers. After the successful completion of the workovers the daily production stabilized close to 10,000 bpd.
Naftex is the indirect owner of all of the shares in Coplex Brasil.
Coplex Brasil participates with a 27.5% interest in three operating licenses
offshore the Santo Catarina Coast in Southern Brazil, identified as the coral,
Estrela-do-Mar and BS-3 licenses. The partners in all three licenses are
Starfish Oil & Gas (with 7.5% participating interest), Queiroz Galvao
Perfuracoes S.A. (30% interest) and Petrobras (35% interest). Petrobras is the
operator of all three licenses.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Naftex Energy more info
- Naftex Energy Acquires Proven Brazilian Reserves (Nov 17)
- Naftex Says Production Stabilized at Coral Field Well (Feb 15)
- Naftex Recommences Production from Third Well on Coral Field (Jun 08)