Veritas DGC & Maersk Oil Ink North Sea Exploration Deal
Veritas DGC's Veritas Geophysical Limited subsidiary has successfully concluded an agreement with Maersk Oil (UK) Limited to evaluate UK Central North Sea Promote block 30/1d. The block was previously awarded to Veritas Geophysical as a Promote License in the UK 21st Offshore Round in 2003.
Under the terms of the transaction, Maersk Oil will farm-in to the block and drill a horizontal well to evaluate the Ockley structure, where gas and condensate were encountered in the Hod Formation of the Chalk during the drilling of the 30/1c-2A well in 1983 and the 30/2a-2 well in 1991.
Robert Hobbs, president of Veritas DGC Limited in London, commented, "We are delighted to conclude an agreement with Maersk Oil, who are acknowledged experts in the evaluation and development of Chalk reservoirs. The combination of advanced seismic technology and reservoir expertise offers a real opportunity to test a new play concept in the UK North Sea, building on Maersk Oil's extensive experience offshore Denmark."
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)
Company: Veritas DGC more info
- KBR Splits from Halliburton, Names New Board Members (Apr 09)
- Caspian Services Adds Seismic Source Vessel to Fleet (Mar 29)
- Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip (Jan 16)