Total Makes Gas Discovery in Bolivia's Ipati Block

Bolivia Tarija Department
(Click to Enlarge)
Total announces a significant gas discovery in Bolivia's Ipati Block, 300 kilometers south of Santa Cruz. The Group entered on this permit in March 2003.

Drilled to a depth of 5,150 meters, the Incahuasi X1 exploratory well tested at more than 1 million cubic meters of gas per day through a 44/64-inch choke. It is the first discovery on the Ipati permit. The well and its potential are currently being appraised.

Total Exploration & Production Bolivia, a Total subsidiary, operates the Ipati block with an interest of 80%, while Argentina's Tecpetrol owns the remaining 20% interest. The two companies are also partners in the adjacent Aquio block, under the same terms.

The discovery strengthens Total's position as a gas operator in Bolivia. Present in the country since 1996, the Group discovered the Itau gas field in 1999 in the XX Block, which it operates with a 45% interest. Total also has a 15% interest in the San Alberto and San Antonio fields, which have supplied gas to Brazil since 1999 and to Argentina since 2004.

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
United States Broussard: AFO Monitoring Specialist, Sr
Expertise: Geoscientist
Location: Broussard, ME
Mid to Senior-Level Environmental Geologist
Expertise: Environmental Engineer|Geologist
Location: Wichita, KS
Senior GIS Analyst- Spatial Data Management
Expertise: Geoscience Technician
Location: Houston, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.38/BBL 2.44%
Light Crude Oil : $50.43/BBL 2.26%
Natural Gas : $3.14/MMBtu 0.94%
Updated in last 24 hours