Shell & Petronas Make Discovery at M3 South Prospect


M3 Field, Sarawak, Indonesia
(Click to Enlarge)
Shell Malaysia and its partner PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd have successfully drilled an exploratory-appraisal well on the M3 South prospect in Block SK312, offshore Sarawak.

"We are delighted with this new discovery. Shell and Carigali are working to bring this new discovery on-stream quickly to help meet the growing gas demand in the region," said Jon Chadwick, Chairman of Shell Malaysia.

The M3 South Field is located approximately 250 km offshore from the PETRONAS MLNG facilities in Bintulu, Sarawak and is located 7 km south of the existing M3 production platform.

"The field represents a pleasing gas/condensate discovery close to our existing infrastructure - it produced at very good rates of both gas and condensate during production testing," added Chadwick.

The SK312 Production Sharing Contract is operated by Shell Malaysia, which holds a 70% interest in the Block. PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 30% interest.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Maintenance & Reliability Engineer (Expression of Interest)
Expertise: Asset Management|CAD / CAM|HR - General|PR / Corporate Communications|Reliability Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
 
Senior Structural Engineer
Expertise: CAD / CAM|HR - General|Piping Technician|PR / Corporate Communications|Seismic |Structural Engineering|Surveying
Location: Perth, WA
 
Facilities Engineer
Expertise: Budget / Cost Control|Cartography / Mapping|Facilities Engineer|HR - General|IT - SAP / ERP|Mechanic|Mining|PR / Corporate Communications|Project Engineer|Reservoir Engineering
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.03/BBL 1.51%
Light Crude Oil : $47.09/BBL 0.66%
Natural Gas : $2.93/MMBtu 1.38%
Updated in last 24 hours