Shell Announces First Production From Glider Field


Glider Field, Green Canyon OCS
(Click to Enlarge)
Shell Exploration & Production Company has recently commenced production from its Glider field in the Gulf of Mexico's Green Canyon Block 248. The Glider field is the first subsea tieback to the Brutus tension leg platform. Glider is located in approximately 3,400 feet of water, about 165 miles south-southwest of New Orleans. Shell is operator with a 75% interest in the field; Newfield Exploration holds the remaining 25% interest.

The Glider subsea system consists of two wells, tied back approximately seven miles to Brutus via a single 6-inch buried and insulated flowline, which is Shell's first use of this cost-effective flow assurance method. The initial Glider well began production on July 20 and the second well is currently being completed. Reserves for Glider are primarily oil with associated gas.

Gaurdie Banister, Technical Director, Americas Region commented, "Glider features the first application of Shell's new standardized subsea system selection and design process, which leverages Shell's deepwater experience and significantly reduces the cost and time required to achieve first production."
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Account Manger - Levelland/Lubbock, TX Area
Expertise: Customer Service|Production Operator|Well Servicing & Testing
Location: Levelland, TX
 
Sr Reservoir / Production Engineer - Field Engineering
Expertise: Production Engineering
Location: Platteville, CO
 
Sr GIS Spatial Analyst - DJ Land
Expertise: Production Operator
Location: Denver, CO
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.56/BBL 0.15%
Light Crude Oil : $47.7/BBL 0.70%
Natural Gas : $3.05/MMBtu 1.32%
Updated in last 24 hours