Chevron Commences Oil, Gas Production from Angola Project
Chevron Corporation announced Thursday that its subsidiary, Cabinda Gulf Oil Company (CABGOC) Limited, has commenced oil and gas production from the main production facility of the Mafumeira Sul project offshore Angola.
“This milestone supports our priority of completing major projects and improving free cash flow,” Jay Johnson, executive vice president, upstream, Chevron Corporation, said in a company statement.
“The Mafumeira Sul project generates new production and value for Angola, our partners and the corporation,” he added.
Located 15 miles offshore Cabinda province in 200 feet of water, Mafumeira Sul is the second stage of development of the Mafumeira Field in Block 0. It has a design capacity of 150,000 barrels of liquids and 350 million cubic feet of natural gas per day.
Early production from the project commenced in October 2016 through a temporary production system. Ramp-up to full production is expected to continue through 2018.
CABGOC is the operator and holds a 39.2 percent interest in Mafumeira Sul. Chevron's partners are Sonangol E.P. (41 percent), Total (10 percent) and ENI (9.8 percent).
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
Company: Chevron Corporation more info
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- U.S. Gulf Oil Producers Start Evacuating Staff Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 05)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
- Italy's Eni Confident Of Dividend Even With Lower Oil Prices (Jul 28)