Lukoil Finds Oil at Iraq Well
Lukoil revealed Wednesday that it has hit oil at the Eridu 1 exploration well in southern Iraq’s Block 10.
The Russian oil company and Japanese oil company Inpex successfully completed the testing of the well, which recorded a daily flow rate of more than 1,000 cubic meters of oil from the Mishrif horizon.
This find confirms geological expectations of a large hydrocarbon field presence within the Block 10 contract area, Lukoil said.
Geological exploration at the block is currently in progress and the work program for 2017 includes the drilling and testing of an additional appraisal well, Eridu 2.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
- Lukoil Finds Oil at Iraq Well (Feb 22)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
- Australia's $180B LNG Megaproject Boom Enters Final Stretch (Aug 14)