Eni Completes Sale of 10% Shorouk Concession Interest
Eni SpA has completed the sale of a 10 percent interest in the Shorouk concession offshore Egypt to BP plc.
The deal for the sale of the concession, which contains the super-giant Zohr gas field, was first agreed in November 2016. Eni, through its subsidiary IEOC, now holds a 90 percent stake in the license, while Rosneft has agreed to acquire a 30 percent stake, subject to Egyptian governmental approval.
Zohr was discovered by Eni in August 2015 and, with a total potential of 850 billion cubic meters of gas in place, is the largest natural gas field ever discovered in the Mediterranean.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- BP Chairman Svanberg to Retire; Search Starts for Successor (Oct 19)
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
- Mexico And Indonesia Could Be Next Up For Eni's Asset Sales (Oct 27)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)