Oil, Gas Firms Make Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations List
Ten oil and gas related companies have made Corporate Knights’ 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations list.
Germany’s Siemens AG, the parent company of Siemens Energy, was ranked first in the list with an overall score of 73.10 percent.
Other oil and gas related firms that made the top 100 comprise Centrica plc, Neste Oyj, Total SA, Enbridge Inc, Statoil ASA, Eni SpA, Cameco Corp, Hess Corp and General Electric Co, which owns GE Oil & Gas.
“This recognition reaffirms Eni’s constant commitment to sustainable development and ensuring the responsible management of its business,” an Eni spokesperson said in a company statement sent to Rigzone.
The index was launched in 2005 by Corporate Knights, a media, research and financial information products company based in Canada. Every year it elects the 100 most sustainable companies from those with a market capitalization of over $2 billion.
Corporate Knights analyzes companies against 14 KPI (Key Performance Indicators), based on publicly available data using transparent methodology.
The KPIs relate to resource management, employees and finances, suppliers and polluting emissions.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)