Oil, Gas Firms Make Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations List
Ten oil and gas related companies have made Corporate Knights’ 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations list.
Germany’s Siemens AG, the parent company of Siemens Energy, was ranked first in the list with an overall score of 73.10 percent.
Other oil and gas related firms that made the top 100 comprise Centrica plc, Neste Oyj, Total SA, Enbridge Inc, Statoil ASA, Eni SpA, Cameco Corp, Hess Corp and General Electric Co, which owns GE Oil & Gas.
“This recognition reaffirms Eni’s constant commitment to sustainable development and ensuring the responsible management of its business,” an Eni spokesperson said in a company statement sent to Rigzone.
The index was launched in 2005 by Corporate Knights, a media, research and financial information products company based in Canada. Every year it elects the 100 most sustainable companies from those with a market capitalization of over $2 billion.
Corporate Knights analyzes companies against 14 KPI (Key Performance Indicators), based on publicly available data using transparent methodology.
The KPIs relate to resource management, employees and finances, suppliers and polluting emissions.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)