Statoil Increases Byrding Project Interest
Statoil announced Tuesday that it has completed a transaction to acquire a 24 percent interest in the Byrding project, located on the Norwegian Continental Shelf, from Wintershall Norge.
As a result, Statoil’s operated interest in Byrding (PL090B) has now increased from 45 percent to 70 percent.
Byrding is an oil and gas discovery in the northern part of the North Sea, near the Troll/Fram area which represents a focal point of Norway's oil and gas production, according to Statoil.
The field is scheduled to come on stream in the third quarter of 2017.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)