Statoil Acquires Petrobras' Operated Interest in BM-S-8 Offshore Brazil
Statoil announced late Tuesday that it has acquired Petrobras’ 66 percent operated interest in the BM-S-8 offshore license in Brazil’s Santos basin.
On the completion of the transaction, Statoil has paid Petrobras $1.25 billion, half of the total consideration. The remainder will be paid at the passage of certain future milestones, mainly relating to the future unitization of Carcará.
BM-S-8 contains a substantial part of the Carcará pre-salt oil discovery. Approximately 700 to 1,300 million barrels of oil equivalent recoverable reserves within the license are estimated to be available from Carcará.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)