Total, SOCAR Sign Absheron Development Agreement
Total and SOCAR, the national oil company of Azerbaijan, have signed an agreement establishing the contractual and commercial terms for a first phase of production from the Absheron gas and condensate field, located in the Caspian Sea.
The development involves the drilling of one well at a water depth of 1,476 feet. Production from the field will be around 35,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, including a “significant” portion of condensate, according to Total. The produced gas will supply Azerbaijan’s domestic market.
“I’m delighted with this agreement, which we sign on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of Total’s presence in Azerbaijan, and which represents an important step to monetize the Absheron discovery made by Total in 2011,” Patrick Pouyanné, chairman and CEO of Total, said.
“This agreement was made possible by the close cooperation between Total and SOCAR, which has allowed us to design a cost-competitive development scheme by tying the field to existing infrastructure in order to deliver gas at a competitive price,” he added.
Total is the operator of Absheron with a 40 percent interest alongside SOCAR, which also holds a 40 percent interest, and ENGIE, which holds the remaining 20 percent stake.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: SOCAR more info
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Boost Its Share In New Deal With BP On Oil Fields (Sep 08)
- Azerbaijan's SOCAR Sees H2 2016 Net Profit At $298 MM (Jan 17)