Southern North Sea Special Interest Group Launched
A steering group of offshore companies has been appointed to work together to explore opportunities to maximize remaining gas reserves in the Southern North Sea (SNS).
The SNS Special Interest Group (SIG) comprises a mix of operators, duty holders, service businesses and supply chain organizations, which were chosen among a range of applications to be part of the initiative launched by the Oil & Gas Authority (OGA), Oil & Gas UK and the East of England Energy Group (EEEGR). Members include Shell, Premier Oil, ENGIE E&P UK, Aker Solutions, and Statoil.
SNS SIG's remit seeks to maximize the economic recovery (MER) of gas reserves for at least another 20 years by identifying new opportunities, including examining the potential for carboniferous gas reserves. It will also seek to nurture collaboration and co-operation between existing operators, and with offshore wind developers, as well as examining how equipment and processes might be standardized to drive costs down.
Companies selected for the steering group represent regional, national and international interests and were chosen to reflect the spread of the industry following a gap analysis.
The SIG was launched by Eric Marston, OGA Southern North Sea and Morecambe Bay manager, at EEEGR’s House of Commons reception in October. Its first meeting will take place in December 2016.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Premier Oil more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- European Oil Producers' Weak Hedging Shows Bet on Price Rebound (Jul 31)
- Mexico Oil Privatization Pays Off With Billion-Barrel Find (Jul 12)
- Premier Oil Expects Weak Pound To Help Bottom Line (Jan 12)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)