Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin
Ireland's Falcon Oil & Gas Ltd. provided Thursday a technical update regarding the hydraulic stimulation of the horizontal Amungee NW-1H well in the Beetaloo Basin in Australia's Northern Territory.
The firm reported the completion of 11 hydraulic stimulation stages along the 3,280 foot (1,000 meter) horizontal section in the Middle Velkerri B shale zone at the Amungee NW-1H well. Stimulation treatments were successfully executed, with 95 percent of programmed proppant placed, while flow back of hydraulic fracture stimulation fluid to surface continues.
Falcon said early stage gas flow rates through the 4.5 inch casing were encouraging, regularly exceeding 1 million standard cubic feet per day (MMscf/d) and consistently ranged between 0.4 and 0.6 MMscf/d. A workover rig is being mobilized to run production tubing and to commence an extended production test.
"Preliminary results of the first horizontal exploration well in the Beetaloo are very encouraging. The planned testing programme utilizing a production tubing string aims to evaluate the potential gas flow rate of the well. We look forward to updating the market when further results become available," Philip O' Quigley, CEO of Falcon, commented in the press release.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Sasol Limited more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Sasol Tempers Return Expectations for $11 Billion Project (Aug 21)
- Natref Refinery To Reach Full Output This Weekend After Disruption (Aug 04)
Company: Falcon Oil & Gas more info
- Falcon Updates on Drilling Ops at Amungee NW-1H Well in Beetaloo Basin (Sep 30)
- Falcon O&G Provides Update on Drilling Ops in Beetaloo Basin in Australia (Jul 26)
- Falcon Outlines Drilling Plans for its Australia's Beetaloo Basin Assets (Apr 29)