Gas Production Restarts at ONHYM Pipeline in Morocco

Gas production has restarted at an Office National des Hydrocarbures et des Mines (ONHYM) owned and operated gas pipeline spur in Morocco, following the completion of gas pipeline repairs.

An earth movement near to the town of Kenitra in northern Morocco resulted in the temporary closure of the pipeline. This pipeline spur was used to transport approximately 30 percent of the gas produced in the Sebou field, which is owned by Circle Oil Maroc, which operates the field with a working interest of 75 percent, and ONHYM, which holds the remaining 25 percent interest.

The pipeline was closed whilst repair work was designed and implemented. The repair was carried out by Circle without incident, on schedule and slightly under budget. Production was restarted through the repaired pipeline on September 15. 



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  The Trick to Nailing Your Electrical E... (Aug 10)
 -  Jacobs Expands MSA for Chevron's US Re... (Aug 9)
 -  Common Interview Questions for Mechani... (Aug 8)
 -  Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant C... (Aug 7)
 -  Writing a Mechanical Engineering Cover... (Aug 4)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Pipeline Engineer (Expression of Interest)
Expertise: Budget / Cost Control|CAD / CAM|Client Representative|HR - General|IT - Programming & Database|Pipeline Engineering|PR / Corporate Communications|Project Management
Location: Houston, TX
 
Mechanical Work Pack Engineer
Expertise: Facilities Management|HR - General|Mechanic|PR / Corporate Communications|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Anchorage, AK
 
Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator
Expertise: Commissioning Engineer / HUC|Fabrication|FPSO / FPU |HR - General|IT - SAP / ERP|Mechanic|PR / Corporate Communications|Workshop
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $50.8/BBL 0.13%
Light Crude Oil : $47.55/BBL 0.08%
Natural Gas : $2.94/MMBtu 0.67%
Updated in last 24 hours