Aker Lands Troll B Work
Aker Solutions has secured a contract from Statoil to deliver a compression module for the Troll field in the North Sea, which will help boost output at the offshore Norwegian field.
The contract is valued at $44.9 million (NOK 370 million) and is an option in a front end engineering and design (FEED) agreement awarded to Aker Solutions in January. The scope includes engineering, procurement, construction and instalation (EPCI) work to boost the gas treatment capacity at Troll B to increase oil recovery.
"This project has targeted key cost savings to create the sustainability the industry depends on and is looking for during these challenging times," said Knut Sandvik, head of Aker Solutions' maintenance, modifications and operations business.
The engineering work will be carried out by Aker Solutions in Bergen and module construction will start at the company's yard in Egersund in 2017. The module will be delivered in the third quarter of 2018.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
Company: Aker Solutions more info
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
- Aker Completes More Than Two-Thirds of Cost-Cutting Program (May 09)
- Aker Solutions Reduces Total Headcount by Almost 5,000 Since 2014 (Mar 30)