Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons

Carnarvon Petroleum Ltd. reported Friday that Quadrant Energy, operator of the WA-437-P exploration permit in the North West Shelf of Australia, has confirmed a hydrocarbon bearing reservoir when drilling the Roc-2 well.

"The Roc-2 well has confirmed hydrocarbon bearing reservoir, in good quality rock, within the Caley section. The results were confirmed during Logging While Drilling (LWD) which provides preliminary information during drilling operations," Carnarvon said in the press release.

Meantime, the operator intends to continue drilling the 8.5 inch hole in Roc-2 well to planned total depth of around 17,224 feet (5,250 meters). Following the completion of drilling, anticipated to take around 2 weeks, an extensive logging and testing campaign will commence.

"I am extremely pleased with the results of this well so far. We have successfully acquired core over the reservoir section and I'm happy to be in a position to confirm today that we've encountered hydrocarbons in good quality reservoir sands. The next stage of the program is to obtain and assess the logging and testing results which will take place after the current well deepening activity. Clearly there is some ways yet to go on this well but progress to date is very encouraging," Carnarvon’s Managing Director and CEO, Adrian Cook said.

Quadrant has an 80 percent interest in permit WA-437-P, with the remainder 20 percent held by Carnarvon.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Serinus Shuts-In Sabria Field Due to S... (May 23)
 -  Proserv Secures Series of Services Dea... (May 23)
 -  BP Urges Engineers to Apply for Trinid... (May 23)
 -  CGG to Support Oman Industry Workers t... (May 23)
 -  Wood Group Engineers to Carry Out Sakh... (May 22)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Floorhand - Job Fair May 31st
Expertise: Floorhand / Roughneck
Location: New Iberia, LA
 
GOM Floorhand
Expertise: Floorhand / Roughneck
Location: New Iberia, LA
 
Drilling Floorhand, Motorhand & Derrickhand
Expertise: Derrickman|Floorhand / Roughneck|Motorman
Location: Greeley
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $53.87/BBL 0.48%
Light Crude Oil : $50.73/BBL 0.79%
Natural Gas : $3.33/MMBtu 2.14%
Updated in last 24 hours