Emerson Secures Contract for Shell's Prelude FLNG Project
Emerson reported Wednesday that Shell Australia has awarded the firm a contract to provide automation maintenance and reliability services for the Euro major's Prelude Floating Liquefied Natural Gas (FLNG) facility to be deployed offshore Broome, Western Australia.
Under the multi-year support contract, Emerson experts will work onshore and offshore to provide ongoing reliability and maintenance services for a broad range of equipment. The company and its local business partner, Western Process Controls, will provide equipment monitoring, diagnostic services, spares support, and maintenance for the FLNG’s control and safety systems, as well as thousands of instruments and valves. Emerson will assign 2 expert engineers onboard Prelude to work with other team members who remotely monitor the facility’s automation from Shell’s operations center in Perth.
Emerson has been the Main Automation Contractor for the Prelude project since 2010, responsible for process control and monitoring technologies. The FLNG is now under construction in Geoje, South Korea, before moving to Australia to commence operations.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Emerson Secures Contract for Shell's Prelude FLNG Project (Sep 08)
- Emerson Deploys Downhole Wireless Sensor System on Statoil's Skuld Field (May 05)
- Statoil Awards Emerson Automation Upgrade for Visund (Feb 27)
Company: Royal Dutch Shell plc more info
- Shell Shale Leader Discusses the 'Non-Moonshot' (Oct 17)
- Jacobs Signs Sulfur Recovery Tech Deal with Shell-Pique's JV (Oct 11)
- Refinery Blazes to Dent Shell 3Q Earnings (Oct 05)