MOFT Bags $230M FSO Deal for Chevron's Benchamas 2 Project off Thailand
Malaysia's MISC Berhad reported Tuesday that its wholly owned unit, MISC Offshore Floating Terminals (L) Ltd. (MOFT) has bagged a $230 million contract to lease and operate a floating storage and offloading (FSO) vessel for the FSO Benchamas 2 Project operated by Chevron Offshore (Thailand) Ltd. (COTL) in the Gulf of Thailand.
MOFT's workscope covers engineering, procurement, construction, installation, commissioning, lease and operations of the FSO Benchamas 2 Project, with the facility scheduled to begin operations by the second quarter of 2018.
The contract, MOFT's first in the Thailand offshore oil and gas market, will run for a duration of 10 years, with COTL holding 5 options to extend the deal by 1 year each.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Japan's JERA Imports First LNG Cargo Shipped From Chevron's Wheatstone Site (Nov 13)
- Chevron Canada Okays Duvernay Development (Nov 07)
Company: Malaysia International Shipping Corporation Berhad (MISC) more info
- MISC's MaMPU1 to Commence Ops at Vestigo's Anjung Kecil Field Off Sarawak (Sep 30)
- SKTLO Bags $65.3M Contracts for Work Offshore Malaysia, Vietnam (Sep 01)
- MOFT Bags $230M FSO Deal for Chevron's Benchamas 2 Project off Thailand (Aug 24)