Grupo R's Newbuild Cantarell I & II Begin Work for Pemex in Gulf of Mexico
Mexico's Grupo R reported Wednesday that it has commenced operations of the firm's first two jackups Aug. 1 with state-owned oil company Petroleos Mexicanos (Pemex) in the Gulf of Mexico.
Cantarell I (400' ILC) and Cantarell II (400' ILC) are 2 of the 5 jackups that Singapore's Keppel Offshore and Marine Ltd. (Keppel O&M) is building for Grupo R. The KFELS B Class design jackups were delivered March 27 to the Mexican oil and gas conglomerate.
The jackups are currently operating at Pemex's Cantarell oil field offshore Mexico.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 45 Offshore Rigs
- Mexico's Pemex Makes Biggest Onshore Oil Find in 15 Years - President (Nov 03)
- Mexico's Pemex Posts $5.6B 3Q Loss On Lower Output (Oct 27)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Grupo R more info
- Grupo R's Newbuild Cantarell I & II Begin Work for Pemex in Gulf of Mexico (Aug 05)
- Keppel Sees Prolonged Dearth Of Oil-Rig Orders Amid Glut (Jul 22)
- Keppel FELS Delivers Jackups Cantarell I & Cantarell II to Mexico's Grupo R (Mar 28)