Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program
Oilfield services companies TGS and Schlumberger have announced the commencement of a data acquisition program covering over 300 blocks in the Green Canyon, Atwater Valley and Ewing Bank protraction areas of the Central Gulf of Mexico.
The Revolution XIl and XIII surveys will be acquired using the Schlumberger WesternGeco Q-Marine point-receiver marine seismic system combined with the proprietary multivessel, Dual Coil Shooting acquisition technique, which will provide broadband, long-offset, full-azimuth data.
This combination of “leading-edge technology and technique” will improve illumination and imaging of the sub-salt and other complex geologic features in the region, according to a Schlumberger statement.
Acquisition is expected to complete in late 1Q 2017 with final processed data available in early 2018.
“Together we have a strong track record of success in developing and delivering projects in this prolific part of the Central Gulf of Mexico,” said Kristian Johansen, TGS CEO, in a company statement.
“The Revolution XII and XIII surveys benefit from the latest advances in seismic technology and will provide the exploration and production industry with critical information to support exploration and drilling activity in a region that is expected to remain a priority for our customers,” he added.
The project is supported by industry funding.
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: Schlumberger more info
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)