AOD Secures Contract Extensions for 2 Jackups with Saudi Aramco to 2019

Thailand-based Mermaid Maritime Public Co. Ltd. announced Friday that its associate Asia Offshore Drilling Ltd. (AOD) has secured a three-year contract extension from Saudi Aramco for the jackups AOD I (400' ILC) and AOD II (400' ILC), with the deals now expiring in June 2019 and July 2019, respectively.

The extensions for the jackups, which have been working for Saudi Aramco since 2013, will add approximately $225 million in contract backlog.

"Mermaid is pleased that AOD continue its long term relationship with Saudi Aramco," the company said in the press release.

Meantime, AOD is holding talks with Saudi Aramco to extend the current three year contract for AOD’s third jackup AOD III (400' ILC). The contract was due to expired in October.

AOD is a joint venture between Mermaid and Seadrill Ltd., with the former holding a 33.76 percent equity stake, while the latter owns the remaining 66.24 percent interest.



Have a news tip? Share it with Rigzone!
Email news@rigzone.com

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Click on the button below to add a comment.
Post a Comment
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.

Related Companies
For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit www.riglogix.com.
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE

More from this Author
Rigzone Staff
e-mail us at news@rigzone.com
 -  Zion Granted Approval to Drill Well On... (Dec 2)
 -  Production Drilling Begins at Mariner ... (Dec 2)
 -  Subsea 7 Secures Services Contract wit... (Dec 2)
 -  Eni: Oil Worker Dies Following Congo P... (Dec 2)
 -  FAR Refutes Claims that it cannot Farm... (Dec 1)


Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Expeditor
Expertise: Driller|Logistics Management|Materials Management
Location: Anchorage, AK
 
Rig Operator
Expertise: Rig Manager
Location: Odessa, TX
 
United States El Reno: Field Engineer - Cased Hole
Expertise: Casing|Mechanic
Location: El Reno, OK
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $54.46/BBL 0.96%
Light Crude Oil : $51.68/BBL 1.21%
Natural Gas : $3.44/MMBtu 1.99%
Updated in last 24 hours