Kremlin: There is 'Understanding' Rosneft Should Not Buy Stake in Bashneft
MOSCOW, July 22 (Reuters) – There is an understanding in the Russian government that state-owned oil firm Rosneft should not take part in the privatisation of rival Bashneft , Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a conference call with journalists on Friday.
He added that there had been no written orders given to Rosneft on the issue and that "such an understanding has been achieved in the government and the (Kremlin) administration".
Earlier a Rosneft spokesman told Reuters that Rosneft could consider buying a stake in Bashneft.
(Reporting by Dmitry Solovyov, writing by Denis Pinchuk; Editing by Alexander Winning)
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
- Russia's Rosneft Signs Oil Supply Deal With Greece's Motor Oil (Nov 20)
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
Company: Bashneft more info
- Russian Court Orders Sistema To Pay Rosneft $2.3B In Damages (Aug 23)
- Russia's Lukoil CEO Sees No Risk For Bashneft Sale From Ulyukayev's Case (Nov 15)
- Russia's Rosneft Says Seeking Permission To Buy 100% Of Bashneft (Oct 28)