PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV
Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS) awarded Thursday the SK410B Production Sharing Contract (PSC) offshore Sarawak, Malaysia to a joint venture comprising Thailand's PTTEP HK Offshore Ltd. (PTTEP), Kuwait's KUFPEC Malaysia (SK-410B) Ltd. (KUFPEC) and the Malaysian national oil company's upstream arm PETRONAS Carigali Sdn Bhd.
PTTEP will operate the block, spread over 695 square miles (1,800 square kilometers), with a participating interest of 42.5 percent, while KUFPEC and PETRONAS Carigali will hold a 42.5 percent and 15 percent stake in the PSC, respectively.
“Today’s signing not only marks PETRONAS’ first PSC award in 2016, but also welcomes PTTEP for their first operatorship in Malaysia. We are also pleased to collaborate with our long term partners, KUFPEC once again,” PETRONAS Executive Vice President Mohd Anuar Taib said in his speech during the ceremony.
In a separate announcement Thursday, PTTEP said the investment in Block SK-410B is "in alignment with its strategy to expand investment into areas of expertise with high petroleum potential."
WHAT DO YOU THINK?
Generated by readers, the comments included herein do not reflect the views and opinions of Rigzone. All comments are subject to editorial review. Off-topic, inappropriate or insulting comments will be removed.
Operates 10 Offshore Rigs
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
- JERA's New LNG Contract With Petronas Foretells Smaller, Shorter Deals (Oct 25)
- PFI: Petronas, Aramco Seeking $8B For Malaysian Project (Oct 25)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)
Company: PTT Exploration & Production Company Plc (PTTEP) more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Thailand's PTTEP Delays Canadian Oil Sands Project At Cost Of $550MM (Oct 19)
- Thai PTTEP to Invest At Least $1.7B in 2017 to Maintain Output (Oct 03)
- PTTEPI, PC JDA Sign Add-on Deal to PSC for Block 17-01 in Gulf of Thailand (Sep 01)